As you conjure up visions of your dream kitchen, the fantastic results often blur the many steps it takes to get there. But how long does a kitchen remodel take? What does each step entail?
Read on for more about the kitchen renovation time frame you can expect, as shared by One Stop Kitchen Plus Bath, a full-kitchen remodel contractor in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Kitchen remodels feature an extensive planning phase before breaking ground.
- While it depends on various factors, an average kitchen renovation timeframe spans eight weeks.
- A dependable kitchen remodel contractor should provide an estimate, communicate clearly, and keep the project timeline on track.
The Five Phases of a Kitchen Remodel
Have you decided to remodel the kitchen? Here are the five stages you can expect the project to cover:
The exploration phase generally depends on you and includes the following tasks:
- Outline the changes you want to make.
- Research potential kitchen remodelers.
- Define your budget and time goals.
Take as much time as you need, and then hire the remodeling contractor who fits best.
Here, the contractor discovers how your design and vision fit into the allotted space as follows:
- Learn how your current kitchen design serves the remodel
- Solidify kitchen workflow ideas
- Discuss techniques that could work
Next, the team will provide detailed documentation and blueprint renderings to give you the following details:
- Accurate estimates on materials and construction
- A detailed schedule based on contractor availability
- Contract signing and other pertinent documents
The planning phase is the final step before construction begins. It gives the project’s manager a chance to solidify any remaining details with you, such as:
- Material orders
- Commencement date
- Permit submissions
If you’re going ahead with that exciting kitchen remodel, the project scope also directly affects how long it will take to complete. Nailing down the details eliminates delays, but inevitably, you’ll make some changes during the building phase. Expect changes to extend the project’s duration.
Once construction begins on your home renovation project, you’ll want to be flexible about typical kitchen remodel issues like shipping delays or undetected plumbing problems. The construction time frame will fluctuate, so consistent communication, understanding, and follow-through with predetermined plans remain vital.
How Long Does a Kitchen Remodel Take on Average?
The time your remodeling project needs primarily depends on the design complexity. Whatever you do, avoid prioritizing appearance over function. Although visual aspects make a space inviting, workflow influences your long-term satisfaction with the renovation outcome.
How long does a kitchen remodel take on average? Plan for six to eight weeks of work for a simpler project and four to five months for larger renovation projects or complex ones. A full remodel with modest structural changes goes quicker than with wall removals or pipe rerouting.
The Timeframe Can Change—Plan To Be Flexible
Your kitchen is an integral family space, and you might not be able to use it to prepare food and navigate meal times throughout construction. It’s best to plan around things. For example:
- Rearrange your home: Do you have two bathrooms? You could sanitize one room as a mini-kitchen space. Relegate hand and food rinsing or small activities to this space.
- Shop for groceries accordingly: For the project’s duration, it might be easier to choose microwave meals or portable stove options. You could also ask a friend if you could use their kitchen occasionally for a home-cooked meal.
How long will your dream kitchen remodel take with an experienced design-build team? It can take anywhere from a few weeks to five months, depending on your plans, how long it takes to obtain a permit for kitchen remodel services, and your chosen contractor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I move out during a kitchen remodel?
No, you should not have to move out during a kitchen remodel. If your contractor does indicate this possibility, make accommodations well in advance for a smooth transition.
What is the most challenging part of a kitchen remodel?
The most challenging part of a kitchen remodel is snugly fitting cabinets. These fixtures must blend in with any other materials while serving their purpose.
What is the biggest kitchen remodel expense?
The biggest kitchen remodel expense is the cabinetry. You’ll also pay more for countertops and flooring than other elements.
How long does a kitchen remodel take for small kitchens?
Kitchen remodels for small kitchens take four to eight weeks, depending on whether you’re redoing the cabinets and floors. If you’d like more information or a quote on your kitchen remodel in Minnesota, why not contact One Stop Kitchen Plus Bath at 763-349-3656?
- How To Design A Small Kitchen Layout: Clever Tips For The Chic Space - December 19, 2023
- Essential Guide to Kitchen Lighting Layout: Brighten Up Your Space - November 25, 2023
- Emerging Kitchen Remodel Trends: The Styles and Features to Anticipate in 2024 - November 18, 2023